January 23, 2010

Isabella Art



I'd like to introduce you (if you haven't already had the pleasure) to the work of Dutch artist Isabella Baudelaire, fairy tale weaver and shadow puppet maker extraordinaire. (goodness, her name rhymes with extraordinaire, I just realized that!)
Isabella's work is seeped with tales of old world charm but with her unique whimsical twist.

Pictured here is her drawing "Learning to Fly" I adore this illustration. Its filled with storytelling while being so very personal.

And her Shadow Puppet "Guardian of Springtime" Which is pure delight.

to see more here is Isabella's blog and her deviant site

8 comments:

Theresa MacNaughton said...

How lovely! I really adore shadow puppets. :) Thanks for sharing the work of this talented artist. :) Theresa

Cat (darklingwoods) said...

Hello Theresa! Isn't her word just delightful?

BunnyKissd said...

Oh I love the Guardian of Springtime!

SaraLynnArt said...

I adore Isabella! Thank you so much for featuring her!

Artsnark said...

WoW! Striking work - thanks for the intro

Jaime Haney said...

I had never heard of her, thank you for introducing her to me :) Her work is charming. I love the feeling the drawing of learning to fly gives me. Almost wonderment and the shadow puppet is wonderful.

Isabella said...

Thank you so much Cat! I really, really appreciate the feature.

Tristan Robin said...

oh, that shadow puppet is delightful.

I'm off to see more!


Thanks for the introduction.