May 26, 2008
"Fairy Market" watercolor, colored pencil, gold paint. (detail of painting)
I've always loved gypsy wagons, I was inspired to do this painting after attending the Hoggstowne Medieval Faire and a dash of the film Stardust. The gypsy wagons just seem to magical for this world. I could just imagine them on their way to a market in Faery :)
Prints and original here
May 21, 2008
"Queen of Hearts"
watercolor 2008, This is a character that scared me to no end as a child. I thought if I gave her a great dress she might be pleased. Hmmmmm still not sure about that!
Prints available in my etsy shop
May 18, 2008
Have you started collecting Artist collector cards? (ACEO's artist cards, editions and originals) If you haven't heard of them, well they are small collectable works of art, trading card sized! ACEO's are always 3.5 x 2.5 inches but they can be created in any media. There is a really fun group on Etsy running an ACEO challenge with a big prize. Anyone can can join in and post a challenge for the artists to create! We keep creating and posting our cards. All cards not sold by the end of the challenge will be won by the last person to post on the thread! See, I told you it was fun :) ACEO Bounty thread
Posted by Cat (darklingwoods) at 5:39 PM
May 11, 2008
Happy Mother's Day to all of you Moms and caretakers of all sorts. You know who you are feeder of stray cats or kids!
This is a picture I took while in DC with my oldest daughter a few weeks ago, at the Museum of Natural History. They have a butterfly house you can walk through and its filled with magical, unlikely creatures like the one pictured here.
Hope all of you get to put your feet up a bit today and enjoy the flowers (and butterflies!)
Posted by Cat (darklingwoods) at 9:13 AM
May 06, 2008
I've been tagged by Athena's Armory :) Rules are..
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2.post the rules on your blog
3. list 6 nonimportant things, quirks, habits about yourself
4 tag 6 random people and link to their blogs
5. Let each person know they've been tagged by commenting on their blog.
I'm tagging battlemaidenstudio, beautiful fantasy artist
6 things about me....
1. I adore ethnic dance, especially Middle Eastern, Indian and American Tribal. I've taken lessons but am not very good *blush* But I do love to go see performances :) I hope to take Middle Eastern Dance 1 again this summer.
2. I am owned by the silliest little pom puppy, I never pictured myself with a dog, much less a toy dog. here he is (what do you mean spoiled?)
3. I have striped hair (blonde,red, and dark fudge) sort of a neopolitan head
4. My hubby is a fencer5. I once met my idol Alan Lee <3>
6. if I don't get studio time I get very cranky :P
Posted by Cat (darklingwoods) at 5:16 PM