December 25, 2008

Ice Castles and festivities





We spent Solstice in a cabin at Disney World. I hate to admit but thats as close to real camping as I like to get. I love the outdoors, in the day time! The weather was really cold for us Floridians, we were shivering as we watched the light shows! My youngest and I had our hair done at the Bibbity Boppity Boutique in the Castle as an early Christmas gift. we both felt like princesses (and we got to keep our tiaras! )

The site of this icy castle takes my breath away every time I see it!

We hurried home Christmas Eve to prepare for friends and family that would be arriving for holiday cheer. Had a great time with everyone even though I ended up loosing my voice!

Speaking of voices here is Christmas on Walnut Street. Our town is small enough that they close the downtown for a Christmas show and festival and it seems like the entire town shows up! I have a daughter in the chorus here and my oldest daughter is the one (with purple cat ears) setting up the sound system (she's in High School) In addition to the musical treats there are vendors up and down the streets with funnel cakes, hot coco and cookies.

The other photo is from a holiday party a friend threw that has arts and crafts for all ages, I thought you would enjoy seeing how she set everything up. There were rows of wine glasses filled with beads, dishes of glitter and stems of pipe cleaners! We had such a great time!

Wishing all of you sugar plums and gum drops!

No comments: